Friday 3 March 2017

Monsters Unleashed Special Event is Live!

Morning!!


The Monsters Unleashed Special Event is now live in our games! In order to participate, players must download the latest update, be at Academy Level 6, and have built Van Dyne's Outfits. Begin the quest "Monsters Unleashed!" to start the event! The Event will end on March 30th at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST.

Episode 1 of the Monsters Unleashed Special Event ends on March 9th at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST. You must unlock Moon Girl's Triceratops by the end of the episode or it will no longer be available at that time.




FAQ


How do I recruit Moon Girl?

Start the quest "World's Smartest" to invite Moon Girl! To recruit Moon Girl to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 6 Moon Posters (Collect from Moon Girl's Moon Rocket)
- 42 Backpacks (Special Event Missions)
- 12 Red Pterodactyls (Defeat Devil Dinosaur)
- 2620 Space Herbs 
Once you turn in these items, Moon Girl will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Big Game Hunter Loki?

Big Game Hunter Loki is a special, limited-time outfit for Loki. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits by turning in the following items: 
- 20 Monocles (Special Event Missions)
- 4 Mosquito Spray (Collect from Loki's Elephant) 
- 1790 Space Herbs 
The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or it will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Amadeus Cho?


Amadeus Cho is available to recruit for 525 Shards! You can find him in the Gold cage in the event space.
Amadeus Cho can battle bosses, go on Monster Cycle missions, and pilot the mech to fight Fin Fang Foom! He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I access Monster Cycles?

Start the quest "Go Monster Hunting!" to access Monster Cycles! You will need Monster Maps from the Mission Board to ride them. 
Riding Monster Cycles yields Phlogistone for Researching Jaeger Actions and piloting the Giant Mech.

How do I fight Devil Dinosaur?

Start the quest "Defeat Devil Dinosaur!" to begin fighting Devil Dinosaur. 
You will need Chopsticks from having Iron Man perform the "Research Giant Mech" action to fight him. Once you have Amadeus Cho or Moon Girl, the action is replaced with piloting the Giant Mech.
Moon Girl, Amadeus Cho, and Big Game Hunter Loki can fight Devil Dinosaur and Iron Man can join them once you unlock Loki's outfit! 
Defeating Devil Dinosaur grants you Space Herbs, Red Pterodactyls for recruiting Moon Girl, and Omni-Wave Projectors for unlocking Moon Girl's Triceratops.

How do I raise my characters' combat stats?

Access the Combat Skills Menu after building the Monster Arena to level up your characters' attack and health! You will need Monster Cages from the Monster Arena to train your combat skills.
For stat info click here.

How do I fight Fin Fang Foom?

Start the quest "Giant Showdown!" to pilot the mech and fight Fin Fang Foom! You will need Phlogistone from Monster Cycles to pilot the mech. 
Fighting Fin Fang Foom grants Chopsticks to continue fighting Devil Dinosaur. Gadgets will start dropping from the fight after you have unlocked Moon Gir's Moon Rocket to help you unlock Moon Girl's Mech.

How do I get Moon Girl's Mech?

Moon Girl's Mech is a special, limited-time item for this event! To get it, you will need to turn in the following items: 
- 70 Gadgets (from Piloting Giant Mech after Moon Girl is unlocked) 
Moon Girl's Mech allows Moon Girl to transmute items into Phlogistone and Space Herbs and helps her defeat bosses with the Giant Mech faster. The Mech is only available for 7 days once you start the quest!




NEW SHOP ITEMS

Dragon Saucer, 245 Shards, drops 300 Space Herbs every 12h
Space Herbivore, 445 Shards, drops 600 Space Herbs every 12h



Monster Cave, 545 Shards, drops 10 Red Pterodactyls every day



Moon Base, 345 Shards, drops 12 Phlogistone every day



Monster Sky-Cycles, 20 Space Herbs
Golden Path, 10 Space Herbs
Boulder, 10 Space Herbs


QUESTS

Monsters Unleashed!
Loki starts

Fin Fang Foom: I..Have...AWAKENED!
Loki: ...
Fin Fang Foom: What's wrong, tiny being? You act like you've never seen a gigantic Makluan shape-shifting space dragon from the world of Kakaranthara.
Loki: Who are you?
Fin Fang Foom: Fin Fang Foom. He whose limbs shatter mountains, and whose back scrapes the sun.
Loki: That...doesn't sound awesome at all. What do you want?
Fin Fang Foom: My ten rings of power. My revenge for being imprisoned in this world. My belly filled with Avengers, and whimpering little liars... 

Learn About Monsters Unleashed!







Nick Fury: Kang...
Kang: Long time no see. I just wanted to drop in, and see how my revenge is going.
Nick Fury: This part of the timeline is supposed to be hidden from your tech...
Kang: And the timefog was supposed to keep Fin Fang Foom trapped in permanent hibernation. Oops.
Nick Fury: How'd you set him free?
Kang: I'm starting to understand how your timefog operates. Fascinating stuff. I'd love to know where it came from...
Nick Fury: I'd love to make you eat that helmet.
Kang: Perhaps another time. I have some pressing business in 1602...
Reward: 25 Space Herbs


World's Smartest
Iron Man starts

Nick Fury: We've been looking for you a long time, Moon Girl.
Moon Girl: You think I don't know? It's hard enough hiding a dinosaur from the public. Even worse keeping him away from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Nick Fury: How'd you do it?
Moon Girl: I made my own dielectric metasurface cloak. It would've been better, but I only had sandwich bags and pencil lead.
Nick Fury: You must be pretty smart.
Moon Girl: I'm the smartest person in the whole world. It's not bragging if you can back it up.

Free Moon Girl! 15 Space Herbs


Iron Man: I heard you're the smartest person in the world...
Moon Girl: I heard you're number three. Not that anyone's counting. Number three is really impressive.
Iron Man: How old are you?
Moon Girl: Nine.
Iron Man: When I was nine, I was still playing with my Captain America action figurines...
Moon Girl: I keep mine in the packaging to maximize their long-term value.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Get Moon Girl!
Iron Man starts

Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Moon Girl: Just because you're under Fin Fang Foom's telepathic control, doesn't mean you get to roar at me.
Devil Dinosaur: Rrowwl?
Moon Girl: I can't stay mad at you, Devil Dinosaur...


Recruit Moon Girl!
- Collect 6 Moon Posters (Collect from Moon Girl's Moon Rocket)
- Collect 42 Backpacks (Special Event Missions)
- Collect 12 Red Pterodactyls (Defeat Devil Dinosaur)
- Collect 2620 Space Herbs 


Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Moon Girl! We're so happy you're finally here! Is there anything special I can get for you?
Moon Girl: Thanks! I'm mostly excited to have access to all of the Academy's tech and materials.
Pepper Potts: Great! I'll be happy to answer your questions.
Moon Girl: I'm really interested in metallurgical analysis of Vibranium. Mostly metallography, microhardness testing, and scanning electron microscopy. Do you have a scanning electron microscope for high resolution microstructural examination?
Pepper Potts: Maybe Tony Stark should give you the tour...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs



Hidden Widow, Sleeping Dragon
Black Widow starts

Black Widow: How do we stop Fin Fang Foom?
Nick Fury: Space Herb. It's a rare plant that puts him to sleep. Get enough of it, and it'll make him hibernate. It works best if you get him to eat it, but even having it in his general vicinity drains his energy.
Black Widow: How do you know so much about this Space Herb?
Iron Fist: And where exactly do you get it? It sounds super chill...

Get 50 Space Herbs!

Fin Fang Foom: You think you can defeat the great Fin Fang Foom with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Black Widow: Did you just fall asleep with your eyes open halfway though that sentence?
Fin Fang Foom: What?! Where am I?! Who took my purple shorts?!
Black Widow: I don't even know what's going on right now...
Fin Fang Foom: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Get Big Game Hunter Loki!
Loki starts

Odin: I know that look all too well.
Loki: I only want to help battle these fearsome creatures alongside my courageous classmates.
Odin: Nothing is ever that simple with you, Loki.
Loki: I've known of a spell for some time. A spell that can take my already unparalleled sorcery to new heights. Unfortunately, it requires ingredients that were unobtainable. Until now...
Odin: What ingredients?
Loki: Blood from a prehistoric beast...Fangs from a monster made of shadows...Scales from a creature who feeds on electricity...And paprika.
Odin: The spice of legends...
Loki: Now all I require is the proper Midgardian hunting ensemble...


Get Big Game Hunter Loki!
- 20 Monocles (Special Event Missions)
- 4 Mosquito Spray (Collect from Loki's Elephant) 
- 1790 Space Herbs

Wasp
: Whoa!
Big Game Hunter Loki: Indeed. I feel especially majestic. Powerful. Noble. Unstoppable.
Wasp: I totally didn't think you could grow a mustache!
Big Game Hunter Loki: Pssh. Of course I can grow a mustache. I'm a god.
Wasp: Why do you smell like glue?
Big Game Hunter Loki: I may have snuck into my father's room while he slept, cut of a chunk of his beard, dyed it black, and glued it to my upper lip.


Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Go Monster Hunting!
Black Widow starts

Nick Fury: We have enough people here to fight Devil Dinosaur and Fin Fang Foom. Monsters are running rampant all over the world. We have to hunt 'em down. 
Black Widow: That's convenient.
Nick Fury: What's that supposed to mean?
Black Widow: A dragon that you know more about than you're telling escapes from the timefog that you know more about than you're telling, and you wanna send us around the world on a wild monster chase.
Nick Fury: Would you rather not fight the giant monsters, Black Widow?
Black Widow: I wanna fight everyone.

Get Monster Cycles! 20 Space Herbs
Hunt Monsters! 1m, requires 2 x Monster Maps (Special Event Missions)




Fin Fang Foom: They're tracking down my army of monsters. I need more time to find my rings or power. You have to stop them Devil Dinosaur.
Devil Dinosaur: Rrowwl?
Fin Fang Foom: I keep forgetting you're a pea-brained dinosaur.
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Fin Fang Foom: Don't roar at me. It's rude.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs  


Giant Robot!
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: We found an ancient alien mech in the jungle surrounding Fin Fang Foom!
Moon Girl: Is it a giant mech?!
Iron Man: It's so giant! It's perfect for fighting giant monsters!
Moon Girl: Awesome! My Moon Mech is super cool, but I don't think it's strong enough to beat Fin Fang Foom! Does the giant mech work?!
Iron Man: It runs on an element called Phlogistone! It's a powerful source of renewable clean energy created from a reaction of the Moon's ore with different types of energies!
Moon Girl: Then let's pilot this giant mech, and wreck Fin Fang Foom!
Iron Man: I don't know how to turn it on!
Moon Girl: Oh. I guess we better do research...

Iron Man Research Giant Mech! 4h, requires 4 x Phlogistone (Ride Monster Sky-Cycle)

Hank Pym: Fascinating. Ancient alien technology that somehow landed here from an entirely different universe...
Moon Girl: What do you mean by "an entirely different universe."
Hank Pym: It's just a figure of speech.
Moon Girl: It's not though...
Hank Pym: That's science?
Moon Girl: Nice try.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Defeat Devil Dinosaur!
Iron Man starts

Moon Girl: Don't be scared, Devil Dinosaur. We have to fight you to break Fin Fang Foom's mind control.
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Moon Girl: Well, at least one of us isn't scared...


Defeat Devil Dinosaur! 2 x Chopsticks (Iron Man Research Giant Mech, 4h)
Note: For character stats & streak info, see here.




Iron Man Research Giant Mech! 4h


Moon Girl
: I'm sorry we have to hit you. This will all be over soon.
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Moon Girl: I'm just gonna stop talking to you until you're done being evil.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Do Your Research!
Iron Man starts

Research Giant Mech 5 more times, 4h each

Devil Dinosaur: Rawr!
Reward: 100 Space Herbs  


Do Your Research Pt. 2
Iron Man starts

Do 5 Monster Sky-Cycles
Research Giant Mech 5 more times

Devil Dinosaur: Rawr!
Reward: 100 Space Herbs


Immortal Struggle!
Loki starts


Black Widow: You need to train your skills to have any chance of beating Devil Dinosaur.
Loki: You need to train your skills!
Black Widow: Right. I'm saying that everyone needs to train their skills. You don't have to be so sensitive.
Loki: You don't have to be so sensitive!
Black Widow: I hope the dinosaur eats you.

Reach lvl2 Attack Skill with Loki! requires 1 Monster Cage, 30s training
Defeat Devil Dinosaur 3 Times!


Fin Fang Foom: Perhaps there's a reason most of you went extinct.
Devil Dinosaur: roowwwlllll...
Fin Fang Foom: If you can't defeat the Avengers, and provide me the time I need to find my rings of power, I'll try controlling the mind of your little friend Moon Girl...
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Fin Fang Foom: That's the spirit. Now go add a few Avengers to that fire in your belly...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Talk Some Sense
Wasp starts


Wasp: I totally love dinosaurs!
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Wasp: You better hope your stinky dinosaur breath washes out of my clothes...

Defeat Devil Dinosaur 5 Times!


Mephisto: I heard your name was Devil, so I figured we should meet.
Devil Dinosaur: rrrroowwlll...
Mephisto: I know, I know. First, an evil alien dragon takes control of your mind, then your friends try to help you by beating your brains in. It's hard out here for a Devil Dinosaur.
Devil Dinosaur: rhholll...
Mephisto: I can make it all better. We only need to make a deal. What do you want more than anything, Devil?
Devil Dinosaur: Rroouuhll rowllrl roooorrlll?
Mephisto: Whoa! I thought I was freaky...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


My Pet Monster
Iron Man starts

Moon Girl: Fin Fang Foom is controlling you with fear, but don't worry. I'll fight back with the power of friendship!
Devil Dinosaur: REEEEEORRRAAAHHHHH!
Moon Girl: And lots of punches. Sorry, but I really don't want you to eat me...

Defeat Devil Dinosaur 7 Times!


Moon Girl: We did it! You aren't under Fin Fang Foom's control anymore!
Devil Dinosaur: SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
Moon Girl: Where have I heard that noise? Did you swallow Wasp?
Devil Dinosaur: Totally!
Moon Girl: Oh geez...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs  


Giant Showdown! (After recruiting Moon Girl)
Moon Girl starts


Moon Girl
: I figured out how to get the giant mech running! We can finally use it to fight Fin Fang Foom!
Iron Man: Awesome! I'll try it out first to make sure it works!
Moon Girl: No way! First one to the giant mech gets to fight an awesome giant monster in an awesome giant robot!
Iron Man: No fair! I'm too excited to run good!

Repair the Giant Mech! 15 Space Herbs



Pilot Giant Mech! 4h



Fin Fang Foom: You think you can defeat Fin Fang Foom with Space Herb and a rusty robot? Those punches were softer than a Makluan massage.
Moon Girl: Now that I now how to pilot the mech, I'm gonna keep making improvements until it's unstoppable.
Fin Fang Foom: By then I'll have recovered my ten rings of power, and I'll be unstoppable.
Moon Girl: You can't say unstoppable after I just said unstoppable...
Fin Fang Foom: Fin Fang Foom has no time for the thesaurus!
Reward: 10 Space Herbs



MESOZOIC MONSTROSITIES

Monster Battle!
Black Widow starts


Odin
: If you're going to be battling monsters, you'll need a proper place to train.
Black Widow: Inside of a giant skull?!
Odin: That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I suppose I can ask Heimdall to send a dragon skull through the Bifrost...
Black Widow: Is it weird that I'm so excited about fighting inside of a gigantic skull?
Odin: It's a little weird...
Black Widow: That's fine. I'm pretty sure it's my turn to be the weird one.

Get the Monster Arena! 550 Space Herbs


Sif: Nice skull...
Black Widow: It's from Asgard.
Sif: Verily. You can tell by the shape of the eye sockets. Gods, I want to stab a dragon in the eye so bad right now. Is that weird?
Black Widow: It's the serious ladies' turn to be weird now.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Stomp the Yard
Loki starts


Big Game Hunter Loki: What do you know of Midgardian elephants?
Wasp: Everything! They eat peanuts, they have really good memories, they have floppy ears that let them fly and learn that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Big Game Hunter Loki: Would an elephant make a proper hunting mount?
Wasp: Totally! Just watch out for mice. Elephants are super afraid of mice. And ghosts. Especially mice ghosts.
Big Game Hunter Loki: Why do I ever ask you anything?
Wasp: I'm the best!

Get Loki's Elephant! 1110 Space Herbs


Thor: What is this magnificent beast?!
Big Game Hunter Loki: An elephant. Apparently, they love peanuts, but are terrified of spirit mice.
Thor: Can I pick it up?!
Big Game Hunter Loki: Why do you always feel compelled to pick up heavy things?
Thor: To show off my godly thunder muscles!
Big Game Hunter Loki: At least you're honest.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


To the Moon!
Iron Man starts


Iron Man: Nice homemade moon rocket!
Moon Girl: Thanks! It's a long way from being spaceworthy, but I'll figure it out.
Iron Man: You should paint your last name on the side in huge letters. In the super-science business, we call that Starking it up.
Moon Girl: What if I don't wanna Stark it up?
Iron Man: Oh, Moon Girl. You have so much to learn...

Get Moon Girl's Moon Rocket! 5 x Red Pterodactyls, 1580 Space Herbs


Rocket Raccoon: What's that hunk o' crap?
Moon Girl: Is that how you always talk to nine-year-old girls?
Rocket Raccoon: It's how I always talk to everyone. I don't change my approach based on species, age, or gender. So, what is this crap?
Moon Girl: A moon rocket.
Rocket Raccoon: You seriously think this thing will make it to the moon? You're even dumber than my partner, and he's even dumb for a tree.
Moon Girl: You think you can do better?
Rocket Raccoon: I've built ships better than this out of spit and paperclips.
Moon Girl: You're on. Three weeks from today. I wanna see you put your money where that nasty mouth is...
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Your Own Triceratops!
Wasp starts


Fin Fang Foom: You made this?
Moon Girl: Out of blocks. Triceratops is my favorite dinosaur. Don't tell Devil...
Fin Fang Foom: I always wanted to play with these blocks...
Moon Girl: Stop attacking us, and I'll make some to fit your dragony fingers.
Fin Fang Foom: You would do that for me?
Moon Girl: Sure, why not? I like building things. You seem like you're probably pretty nice under all that angry alien dragon attitude...
Fin Fang Foom: Don't let her see you cry, Fin Fang Foom. Don't let her see you cry...

Get Moon Girl's Triceratops! 21 x Omni-Wave Projector (Defeat Devil Dinosaur), 16140 Space Herbs


Reward: 10 Space Herbs



Get Moon Girl's Mech! (Limited time 7d)
Iron Man starts


Moon Girl
: I can help rescue Devil Dinosaur faster by building my own mech suit.
Iron Man: Can it have a gatling cannon, and a spray missile launcher?!
Moon Girl: It can have a gatling cannon, a spray missile launcher, AND a mega particle blaster.
Iron Man: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Get Moon Girl's Mech!
- 70 Gadgets (from Pilot Giant Mech OR Pilot Giant Mech More Effectively!)Note: Only available after Moon Girl is unlocked) 



Moon Girl: That was so cool! I've always wanted to build a mech, but I never had anyone to help.
Iron Man: Yeah...
Moon Girl: Are you alright?
Iron Man: The mega particle blaster is just so beautiful...
Reward: 75 Shards


Moon Mech Pt. 1
Moon Girl starts


War Machine
: Cool mech suit!
Moon Girl: Thanks! I've always wanted one, but I never had enough giant monsters to fight.
War Machine: I doubt that'll be a problem around here. What exactly does it do?
Moon Girl: Everything awesome...

Moon Girl Activate Moon Mech! 1h, 2 x Chopsticks

War Machine: That was awesome!
Moon Girl: Thanks, but I think I need to talk to Tony Stark.
War Machine: About what?
Moon Girl: I don't know yet. I mean, my suit is super awesome, but I can't help feeling like there's a way to make it even awesomer.
War Machine: You have no idea how many times I've heard Tony say that exact same sentence.
Reward: 10 Space Herbs

Moon Mech Pt. 2
Moon Girl starts


Iron Man
: How was your new suit? Was it awesome? Was it super awesome? Exactly how awesome was it on an awesome scale of one to awesomest, with one being wrapping yourself in tin foil, and awesomest being me?
Moon Girl: It was really fun, I just feel like it's missing something...
Iron Man: An Arc Reactor? My garage is full of them if you want one...
Moon Girl: No thanks. Maybe we can just brainstorm, and tinker with things. That's usually how I come up with new inventions.
Iron Man: Invention bros!

Moon Girl Tinker With Tony's Tech, 1h, requires Iron Man

Moon Girl: I got a great idea for my mech suit!
Iron Man: I know!
Moon Girl: You do?
Iron Man: No! I'm just excited, so I'm screaming things!
Reward: 10 Space Herbs

Moon Mech Pt. 3
Moon Girl starts

Iron Man: Ahhhhh! This is my favorite part!
Moon Girl: I know. I love testing an invention improvement for the first time...
Iron Man: And wondering if it might explode!

Moon Girl Activate Moon Mech, 1h

Iron Man: That was cool, but I didn't notice anything different.
Moon Girl: It's way more efficient! I updated the systems to require half the fuel, while producing a quarter of the emissions.
Iron Man: Oh.
Moon Girl: You don't appreciate efficiency?
Iron Man: Not as much as lasers.
Moon Girl: Let's work on making the limbs connect to form a massive plasma cannon!
Iron Man: Invention bros!
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Amadeus Cho Challenge (Claim free bobblehead from store after completion)
Amadeus starts

Defeat Streak 7 on any boss

Devil Dinosaur: Rawr!
Reward: 10 Space Herbs


Moon Girl Challenge (Claim free bobblehead from store after completion)
Wasp starts

Have Moon Girl Pilot the Giant Mech 20 times


Devil Dinosaur: Rawr!
Reward: 10 Space Herbs



What do you think of the event so far? Any characters you're particularly excited to see?
Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment