Thursday 29 September 2016

GotG Character Profile: Star-Lord

Note: This is the information for Star-Lord during the Return of the Guardians mini-event. I will add the original event info at a later date.

Update 28/04/17: Star-Lord was available to recruit again during Week 1 of the GotG Vol. 2 Special Event. His welcome quest for that event is indicated in red just before his main questline.


Just in Time!
Iron Man starts

Star-Lord: The Guardians of the Galaxy are here to help Daredevil defeat the ninjas!
Nick Fury: Too late.
Star-Lord: Seriously? We were just watching the whole "Trial of the Galaxy" thing. You guys got space all hyped up about Avengers Academy, so we wanted to help with Kingpin and the Hand.
Nick Fury: It's over. We won.
Star-Lord: Bummer. I mean, I'm glad you won, but we were ready to go heroic all over this place. I wish we didn't stop on the way for Drax and Gamora to take an assassination break.
Nick Fury: We've been looking into some unrelated interstellar distress signals. We might still need your help to save the day.
Star-Lord: Nice! I might need some gas money. And some extra money. You know how it goes...

Invite Star-Lord!

Nick Fury: When was the last time you visited the Cosmic Conservatory?
Star-Lord: Our old school? Long time. Not a lot of good memories for me. Thanos stuffing me in a locker. Thanos welding the door shut on the locker. Noticing Thanos filled the locker with poisonous space scorpions...
Nick Fury: The distress signal is coming from there.
Star-Lord: Rocket said he blew it up...
Nick Fury: He blew up the building, but there probably was an underground structure.
Star-Lord: Is there an underground structure here?
Nick Fury: Mind your space business.
Reward: 40 Credits




Get Star-Lord!

Wasp starts

Nick Fury: I want you, Rocket, and Groot to take your ship back to the Conservatory, and help whoever is sending those distress signals. See if you can find some new recruits while you're at it.
Star-Lord: Sounds good. I just need some money, and various items that are relevant to my interests.
Nick Fury: Trust me, I know the drill.

Recruit Star-Lord by 9/29/16 3pm PDT!
- 390 Credits
- 50 Blaster Ammo (Mission Board)
- 24 Good Luck Charms (from the Milano Spaceship)
- 16 Cassettes (from Star-Lord's Cassette Deck)

Rocket Raccoon: We just got here. Now we're gonna fly right back to space 'cuz Fury says so?
Star-Lord: Somebody out there needs our help, Rocket. We have to save them. That's what heroes do.
Rocket Raccoon: He's paying you, isn't he?
Star-Lord: What?! No way! I'm dong this out of the goodness of my heroic heart.
Rocket Raccoon: If I find out you're holding out on us, I will shatter your kneecaps, Quill.
Star-Lord: Why do you always talk about shattering my kneecaps?
Rocket Raccoon: It's called foreshadowing.
Reward: 40 Credits


Welcome Home (Intro Quest for GotG Vol. 2 Special Event)
Star-Lord starts

Nick Fury: Get ready for this space battle, Quill. You're about the only one here with the appropriate weaponry.
Star-Lord: For sure. First, I'm gonna take a little me time. I've always had dreams about being back on Earth, just strolling around, listening to my tunes...
Nick Fury: My dream is to keep this planet from being conquered by hostile aliens.
Star-Lord: That's awesome, man. Dreams are what dreams are made of...

Star-Lord Go for a Stroll, 3m

Hank Pym: Peter Quill! How are you enjoying life on Earth?!
Star-Lord: It's cool. People are still trying to kill me here, but not as many, so that's nice.
Hank Pym: Life can't be fully appreciated without the ever-present threat of death!
Star-Lord: That's...morbidly positive?
Hanky Pym: That's science!
Reward: 40 Credits


Real Life Pt. 1
Star-Lord starts

Chitauri: Rhue Donnk Haskk ul channkh, Starhm-Lahk.
Star-Lord: You followed me here? I don't wanna fight you guys. For one, it's really hard for me to tell you apart. Like, me and Rhoormfkk get along great, but Kleaakh and me have never seen eye to eye...
Chitauri: Sholkkh plaetenk!
Star-Lord: I'm being serious! Let's just be a couple of normal dudes, enjoying a beautiful day on planet Earth!
Chitauri: Rhy ghelmp it ikh klindh ukh nynnkh...
Star-Lord: Exactly! Have you ever had lemonade? It's amazing. So good. They make it in at least two colors. Seriously, you need to go drink a bunch of lemonade right now...

Star-Lord Go for a Stroll! 3m

Chitauri: Yuuuuuuurrrhhk...
Star-Lord: What happened?
Chitauri: Lemukhnade.
Star-Lord: How much did you drink? That stuff has a ton of sugar in it, man. You have to know your limits. Now you're all sick and jittery...
Chitauri: Ahhhkkhh!
Star-Lord: Great. I always wanted to be a Chitauri babysitter. Just go lay down in the bushes. I'll bring you a blanket and a hamburger...
Reward: 40 Credits

Real Life Pt. 2
Star-Lord starts

Nick Fury: Why are you cavorting with the enemy, Quill?
Star-Lord: Nobody's cavorting with anybody. I don't think. What's cavorting?
Nick Fury: I see you chatting it up with a Chitauran, and next thing I know he's making a mess of my bushes, and ruining a brand-new blanket.
Star-Lord: I bet the blanket feels good about helping people.
Nick Fury: Don't try to tell me about blanket psychology.

Upgrade Star-Lord! 
Star-Lord Fake a Training Montage, 15m 

Star-Lord: Not bad, huh? I should have my own action movie.
Nick Fury: I'd be surprised if they even let you in the theater.
Star-Lord: Oh, they love me. I can eat a lot of popcorn.
Nick Fury: Just get ready to fight, Quill.
Star-Lord: That was my plan, but now all I can think about is popcorn...
Reward: 40 Credits


Star-Lord's Dad Pt. 1
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: Do you think it's bad that all I want to do is try to find my dad right now? I've never had access to a database like they have here...
Gamora: I think it's understandable, Peter. I'd be looking for my family too if I could.
Star-Lord: You called me Peter...
Gamora: I guess I did. Let's pretend that never happened.

Star-Lord Search For Dad! 30m

Gamora: Any luck finding your father?
Star-Lord: No.
Gamora: Don't give up. We'll find someone to help...
Reward: 40 Credits

Star-Lord's Dad Pt. 2
Star-Lord starts

Gamora: May I use your Stark Tower?
Iron Man: Hot tub?!
Gamora: No, I need to speak with the one you call J.A.R.V.I.S. I'm trying to help Quill locate his estranged father.
Iron Man: Oh. Sorry. Yeah, of course. Anything you want...
Gamora: Later, I may also want to enjoy your tub of hot water...
Iron Man: Awesome!
Gamora: To recuperate after battle.
Iron Man: Awesome...?

Upgrade Star-Lord!
Star-Lord Search for Dad! 30m

Gamora: J.A.R.V.I.S. and I discussed many things. He's quite wise, and just the right amount of sassy. Most importantly, he thinks he may know how to locate your father.
Star-Lord: Where?!
Gamora: You'll have to travel farther into space when you're finished with your mission. Even then there will be no guarantee...
Star-Lord: I have to leave Earth again...
Gamora: You don't have to do anything, but you can always come back.
Star-Lord: I don't wanna leave you...guys. All you guys. And girls. And whatever Rocket and Groot are. Us. The team...
Gamora: When the time is right, we'll go together...
Reward: 40 Credits 


What do you think of Star-Lord? Did you already have him? Were you able to get him this time if not? 

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment